Accessing Local Files in The Stable
- Make sure the Citrix plugin is loaded (this includes both PCs and Macs). Upon first login to The Stable, there will be a prompt to install the Citrix Receiver.
- Load any Stable image (Law School is preferred).
- If you have yet to login to The Stable, a prompt will appear asking if you wish to have Read, Write or Read/Write access to your local drives.
- Read access will mean that via The Stable, you will be able to view your local hard drives (including external) and only be able to copy files from there to The Stable.
- Write access only will let you copy files FROM The Stable to your local drives, you will not be able to open local files.
- Read/Write (the most popular) will allow you to copy back and forth between your local drives and The Stable.
- If you have already loaded The Stable, click the "band aid" at the top of The Stable window and choose Preferences > HDX tab > File Access will allow you to change your settings and also save the selection for the future so you do not have to choose it each time.
- Depending on what drives your machine has, by clicking on Start > Computer, there will be a list of network drives and drives with client (ex. H: \\Client (T:)) In most cases, the V: drive will be the local drive for PC computers. To access your desktop and files, go to V: on The Stable > Users > (your username) > Desktop/Documents/Pictures. Macs will also be V: in most cases.