Connecting to Special Printers
Special Programs Printing Policy
When printing to computers located within the office of any clinic or organization, no “special print queue” is required. These printers are assigned to the group and as such, all printing sent to these locations is billed to that group whether sent from your laptop or from an office computer. If you are a member of a clinic or an organization, you can print from your account and have the organization billed. The program will be charged 5¢ per page and an accurate accounting of exactly what you printed will be sent to the program director.
If you need to print for an academic program, such as Law Review or Moot Court Board (and are NOT printing to your office printer) and are ready to print, select the printer with "Special" in the name.
After you send the job to the printer, a box will pop up and ask you to identify your program. Select the correct code, and then press "Print It."
Students can print to the Special Queues from their own laptops. However, they must have the PPop software (PC Only) loaded on their laptop.
This type of printing requires that (1) you are a member of the group (e.g. SBA, JECE, etc.), and (2) the group has permission to use the printer queue [some clinics require that all printing be done within the clinic for reasons of confidentiality]. If you encounter an error while printing, contact Technology Services immediately at LawTech@wlu.edu.
NOTE: To use the SPECIAL Print queues, you will need to:
- Download PPOPUP.EXE to your desktop.
- Run PPOPUP or PcounterClient before sending your print job to a SPECIAL printer.
- Enter the code for the Clinic or Organization.
- To print to your personal account again, right click the icon (looks like a printer) in your system tray and choose exit.
- Extract and unpack the PcounterClient.
- Drag the Pcounter icon to your applications.
- Launch Pcounter from your Applications folder.
- Print as normal, but please wait 2-4 seconds for the Pcounter dialogue box to appear and choose your organization.
- To print to your personal account again, click the icon (a small printer icon located to the left of your wireless icon) and choose "Close."