Lewis Hall Posting Guidelines
Maximum Number of Fliers, Posters, Etc. for Each Event: 12
Note: For Law School elections, maximum number of fliers/posters will be determined by the VRB.
Postings (signs, fliers, posters, banners, etc.) in Lewis Hall shall adhere to the following guidelines, which are applicable to all students, student organizations, and solicitors:
- Postings should not "run" for more than two weeks.
- All postings should be removed and discarded/recycled within 24 hours after the conclusion of the event.
- All postings should be connected to an approved University/Law School sanctioned event or program by a department.
- All postings must include the date of the event and information regarding the person/organization sponsoring the event.
- Masking tape (or other non-residue tape) must be used to affix the posting to a surface instead of scotch tape to avoid causing damage to surfaces.
- Any violation of these guidelines will result in removal of the posting, as well as other sanctions deemed appropriate by the Assistant Dean of Law Student Affairs.
LAW SCHOOL STUDENTS AND ORGANIZATIONS
You MAY post in the following areas in Lewis Hall:
- Any designated bulletin boards, including those in the bathrooms only on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
Restrooms w/ Bulletin Boards: 2nd Fl.
All Men's and Women's 3rd Fl.
Men's and Women's in/near Moot Court Lobby
- The staircase leading from the student parking lot and the wooden doors that lead into and out of this staircase.
- The double wooden doors that lead to Classroom A.
- All carrels on Level 2.
- The door at the bottom of the staircase leading down from the Main Reading Room
You MAY NOT post anywhere else in the building, including the following areas:
- Any windows, glass or brick surfaces, lockers, or in the elevator.
- Any painted surfaces, including columns, anywhere in the building.
- The double glass doors located in the following areas: on Level 3 leading into the Moot Court lobby area, into the magazine reading area/Circulation Desk, or on Office of Career Strategy.
- The door leading into the upper stacks or the door leading into the lower stacks from the central staircase.
- Any bathroom door or within any bathroom where there is not a bulletin board.
- In or around any classroom entrance, including the hallways.
NON-LAW SCHOOL INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS
For non-law school individuals or other organizations, please contact Law Student Affairs, Room 528, for approval. Any posting in violation of these guidelines will be removed and discarded.