Washington and Lee UniversitySchool of Law Student Learning Outcomes
(Adopted by the Faculty Fall 2016)
- Students will know and understand substantive and procedural law.
- Students will be competent in legal analysis and reasoning, legal research, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- Students will be competent in both written and oral communication.
- Students will understand their ethical obligations as lawyers and their professional obligations to their clients, the profession, the legal system, and the public.
- Students will possess the professional skills needed for competent and ethical participation as members of the legal profession.