Support the Law Annual Fund
Any gift given to the Law Annual Fund from a Law School alumnus/a goes directly to the Law School for its general operating expenses.
What Do Your Law Annual Fund Dollars Buy/Support?
These are just a few examples of annual fund gifts support:
- Student tuition subsidy roughly around $2,100 per student
- Law Review, the Journal of Civil Rights and Social Justice and the Environmental Law Digest
- Moot Court and Mock Trial Competitions
- Lexis & Westlaw for one year for all law students $48,265
- Campus Internet/E-mail connection for 6 months $29,000
- Technology for a wired classroom $54,000
- Wireless hubs throughout Lewis Hall $700 each
- Taping of one law class $10
- Admissions Viewbook $5 each
- Custodial Service in Lewis Hall for one month $10,600
Each gift makes a difference. Thanks for your consideration.
Toby McCoy '92, '95L - 2020-21 Law Annual Fund Chair and Law Council Member
Col. (Ret.) Toby D. McCoy '92, '95L (1970-2021)
For Toby, giving back to W&L Law was more than an intention; it was his personal mission, and he often characterized his service as Law Annual Fund Chair as an honor. Of course, the honor was all ours. Before he discovered he was seriously ill, he asked if, in addition to joining Law Council, he could stay on as the alumni representative for annual giving. Even after his diagnosis, he remained determined to help the Law School until he was unable to serve.
Toby was always eager to relate how his seven years in Lexington changed him forever--meeting lifelong friends in the classroom, on the baseball diamond, or around campus. In his absence, we will cherish his warmth, good humor, and unwavering dedication to his values.
You can read more about Toby's life online.