Thanks and Recognition
As a donor, your support has a great impact on the W&L Law community. The impact of your gifts is not simply the tangible resources you provide to help carry out W&L's mission. Your support offers inspiration to the campus community in so many areas. Thank you for your generosity.
Donor Recognition Societies
The Dean's Council
W&L Law's Most Generous Donors
The Dean's Council is W&L Law's leadership recognition society honoring our most outstanding donors to the Law Annual Fund. Leadership gifts, those of $2,500 or more, typically account for close to 70% of the Law Annual Fund. Membership is available to any donor who gives $2,500 or more per year to the Law Annual Fund.
The 1749 Circle
W&L Law's Most Loyal Donors
The 1749 Circle is a special philanthropic society recognizing and honoring the loyal alumni, parents, and friends who support the Law School consistently over time. This society is not about how much you give; it's about the simple act of giving, year after year. Membership Requirements:
- Your membership in the 1749 Circle begins after your third year of consecutive giving to W&L.
- The Law School will count your gifts to any area of the University when determining your years of consecutive giving.
- Recognition is based on gifts, pledge payments, and matching gifts received in a single fiscal year. W&L's fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30.
The Doremus Society
Honoring Donors Who Leave a Legacy
The Doremus Society is a special philanthropic society at W&L recognizing donors who have named the university as the ultimate beneficiary of a planned gift. Doremus Society members receive updates on the university along with philanthropic planning tips; are recognized by the university as members of the society; and proudly wear the Doremus Society pin indicating they are helping build a secure future for the university. Interested in becoming part of the Doremus Society? Contact Law School Advancement to:
- Let us know about your existing estate provision for W&L Law or
- Begin the process of developing a planned gift for the Law School.
W&L honors its most generous donors by including their name on the Honored Benefactors Wall in Washington Hall. Each donor has contributed at least $1 million to W&L.