Academic Success Requirements
Academic Success Requirements:
- After 1L Spring Semester: Students in approximately the bottom 10% of their class at the end of their 1L year will be, during their 2L fall semester, (a) required to participate in LAW 663-Legal Method, a course normally to be taught by the professor supervising the Academic Support Program; and (b) required to take one bar exam course. (see list below) Please note that the list excludes LAW 685-Evidence, the one bar course we already require.
- After 2L Fall Semester: Students in the bottom 20% of their class after their third semester will be required to take one bar exam course during their 2L spring semester.
- After 2L Spring Semester: Students in the bottom 20% of their class after their fourth semester will be required to take (1) one bar exam course during their 3L fall semester; and (2) LAW 750-Core Skills and Concepts during their 3L spring semester.
- After 3L Fall Semester: Students in the bottom 20% of their class after their fifth semester will be required to take LAW 750-Core Skills and Concepts during their 3L spring semester.
Bar Exam Courses:
- LAW 705 - Remedies
- LAW 713 - Sales
- LAW 714 - Secured Transactions
- LAW 716 - Business Associations
- LAW 725 - Conflict of Laws
- LAW 733 - Criminal Procedure - Investigation
- LAW 748 - Core Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Concepts
- LAW 766 - Decedents' Estates and Trusts
- LAW 789 - Family Law
- LAW 793 - Federal Income Taxation of Individuals