W&L Law Alumni
Seeking a Career Change?
OCS counselors are available to discuss your individual career plan. We are dedicated to assisting you with:
- Crafting a career strategy
- Resume and cover letter review
- Networking connections
We are available to meet in person, speak by telephone, or confer via Zoom.
Position Postings and Resources
Permanent job opportunities are posted on SCORE. For access, please send an email to SWade@wlu.edu with the following information:
- Full name (include name at time of graduation if it has since changed)
- Graduation year
- Email address you'd like associated with your account
The SCORE Resource Library
This link contains a wide variety of tools to assist you, including cover letter and resume forms, networking advice and resources, job search information, and guides to acquaint you with the judicial clerkship application process.
OCS can request that you be given access to the resources and services of a law school in your area. To request reciprocity, please email LawCareer@wlu.edu with
- Your name and class year
- The name of the school with which you wish to request reciprocity
- Contact information for the head of the school's Career Office
Looking to Help?
W&L Law's greatest career resource is its alumni. Here are just a few ways you can get involved:
Recruit W&L Lawyers. If you are hiring for summer or for an entry-level position, you can recruit
- By interviewing on campus or collecting application materials (register using the SCORE for Employers button).
- At one of our Virtual Interview Programs.
- If you'd be interested in hosting a 3L extern during the academic year, we'd be happy to facilitate that as well.
Volunteer to be a Mentor, or to Conduct Mock Interviews. Students invariably benefit from the advice of a seasoned professional on a range of career matters. If you'd rather provide specific assistance, or help students prepare for interviews by offering candid feedback and advice let us know.
Share Your Perspective. We sponsor panel discussions and presentations on a variety of practice areas and career-related issues. If you would like to speak with students about your practice area or your career path, we can arrange Zoom or video conference presentations as well as in-person programs.
For information about any of these options, email LawCareer@wlu.edu or call 540.458.8535.
Loan Repayment Assistance Program
W&L Law has a Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) designed to provide financial assistance to graduates working in the public interest at salaries below that of their counterparts in the private sector. Visit our LRAP page for details.