Recruiting at W&L Law
Why Recruit W&L Law students?
- Students actively participate in small classes with a teaching faculty consistently recognized for excellence
- Our third-year curriculum consists primarily of practice-based simulations, real-client experiences, and advanced explorations into legal ethics and professionalism
- Students learn to work in teams, to prioritize projects and to solve problems for clients
- They take their first professional steps as a protégé to a series of practiced mentors
W&L Law graduates are adept legal writers, dynamic thinkers, practically trained and comfortable with the performance expectations inherent in successful legal practice. We look forward to assisting you with your recruiting needs.
How to Recruit W&L Law Students
Register to interview on campus or to conduct interviews by telephone, video conference or Skype using our recruiting software, SCORE.
We host, and participate in, a wide variety of Interview Programs so you can conveniently interview our students.
- Spring Term Programs:
- Government and Public Interest Interview Program
- Commonwealth Law School Consortium Spring Interview Program
- Summer / Fall Term Programs:
- Washington DC Interview Program
- Charlottesville Interview Program
- On-Campus Interviews (Lexington)
- Northeast Interview Program (New York)
- Georgia Interview Program (Atlanta)
- Texas Interview Program (Dallas)
- New England Interview Program (Boston)
W&L Law in Brief
• Student Body: 327; Student-Faculty ratio: 8.5:1; Average Class Size: 22
• Intensive first-year writing program taught by full-time, tenure-track faculty who regularly evaluate students' work and discuss edits and improvements one-on-one.
• Upper-level writing requirements require students to draft documents that lawyers produce: from motions, requests for production of documents and interrogatories to term sheets and deal documents
• 3L curriculum focused on practice-based simulation
• 3L "actual practice" experiences through in-house clinics and field externships